Monday, November 30, 2009

Modern Country

I recently came across this great little shop on Queen East called Flik&Company owned by Stephen & Mario Howard. Owning their own retail store in one of Toronto’s trendiest shopping districts for home-décor was once only a dream for Stephan Howard. Today he and partner own two popular vintage-style shops, with plans of further expansion in progress.

Here are some examples of great pieces you can find at their shop...



Lately I've really been inspired by modern country. The blend of warm country home comfort with the luxury and chic style of modern design. If married well, it's the perfect blend.



This image is so great. The dining area has exposed wooden beams stained in a dark mahogany, but it's accented by a very modern chandelier and dining table/chairs. The entry way mimics the dark wood frame with a beautiful modified arch right into a stark white kitchen with stainless steel stools against the back drop of white wooden built ins.

I'm actually loving modern country so much that I want to rip everything in my house at this point and start all over again =)
Now if only I can win the lotto!

Happy Monday

4 comments:

Black on White said...

What a great shop. Looks so interesting! I also like modern country style. It's funny to mix that to the other styles.

Hope you have lovely Monday!

Jenna @ Mi Vida Bonita said...

Modern country gives off such a homey relaxing feel. I think it's great!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I adore that store in the second photo. Looks like a fabulous little shop!

Jennifer Lee said...

Black on White - I agree, mixing styles is not only tres chic but it's really a fun compromise.

Mi Vida Bonita - homey and relaxing is exactly what I want in a home.

Kristin - It's a fantastic little shop.